We could find out as early as 16 weeks — 2 weeks from tomorrow — whether this baby is a boy or a girl (with confirmation in later ultrasounds). I’m really itching to find out because there’s the whole “I really want to start buying clothes for this critter and decorating a nursery” thing going on. Too early for nesting, but not for insanity.
To quell my impatience, I’ve been taking it upon myself to decorate various types of nurseries in my head. First and foremost, however, to my husband is the Yankees-themed nursery that is imminent should the baby turn out to be of the male persuasion.
I’m not a big fan (har, har) of overly babyish decor, since I like it to be able to last well into their toddler-and-tween years, so bears playing baseball is kind of out. I was able to find lots of fun goodies, however, to satisfy my decorating craving and my husband’s Bronx Bomber crib cravings.
Whatever we end up going with, it will have the same basic bones: a white IKEA Gulliver crib, white IKEA Expedit bookcases framing a wall with windows for a built-in illusion, some sort of (ideally, upholstered) glider, a white IKEA picture ledges on our short wall for holding books and various other knick knacks, and a Craigslist dresser for a changing table.
Clockwise from top left:
1. New York Baseball Alphabet print (unframed), Etsy, $45
2. Baseball hitter vinyl wall decal sticker, Etsy, $25
3. Take Me Out to the Ballgame print, Etsy, $12
4. Brett Baseball Shade and Batter Up Base, Pottery Barn Kids, $35 (shade) and $79 (base)
5. Baseball Bat Metal Wall Hook, DCG Stores, $44.90
6. New York Yankees Art-Glass Light Switch Plate Cover, Bowl-Bound, $11.95
7. Sateen Crib Sheet 2 Pack – Baseball/Stripe, Babies R Us, $19.99
8. 2×2 Expedit Shelving Unit, IKEA, $39.99
9. Strapping Cube Bin, Land of Nod, $10.99
10. Timaran Stripe Navy/White Indoor/Outdoor Rug, Dash & Albert, $298 (6×9)
11. Gulliver Crib, IKEA $129
12. Capri Glider, Little Castle
13. Monogrammed Baseball Pillow, The Frog and the Princess, $79
14. Vintage midcentury dresser, Craigslist
15. NoJo Play Ball changing pad cover, Babies R Us, $17.99
16. Mickey Mantle bobble head, Grey Flannel Auctions
17. Roger Clemens bobble head, eBay, $6.99
18. Derek Jeter bobble head, Grandstand Sports & Memorabilia, $29.99
19. Paul O’Neill bobble head, Shore Collectibles, $49.95