What 12 new things do you want to do/accomplish in 2012?
1. Read a new book each month. I’ve just recently had the time and inclination to begin reading again, and I’ve started finding fiction interesting again. I’d like to ride this wave and discover new authors and stories.
2. Take a trip to a town we’ve never been to (together). We won’t be able to travel very far in 2012, but there are plenty of little towns in our state we can take a weekend trip to. I like it when we go away together at least once a year, even for a couple of days.
3. Conceive a child. I’ll try not to lose my stuff if this doesn’t happen in 2012, but it’s a working goal at this point.
4. Buy a house. We plan to start lining up the finance end of things soon, and start looking and hopefully be somewhere by May. It’s when our lease on our rental house is up, but if need be, we can go month to month — if our landlord will still have us. I really crave a place of our own!
5. Create our wedding scrapbook and our wedding and honeymoon shadow boxes. Lord knows I saved enough paraphernalia and whatnot from both events :).
6. Run a 5K marathon. I am just on Day 3 of Week 1 of Couch to 5K, and if all goes well, I should be wrapping up the program in January and ready to run my first marathon. I’ve really found that I love running in the morning, and it sets the tone for my whole day.
7. Bake 5 things I’ve never made before. I have so many recipes saved up, and I so love sweets! Most of all I like baking something and having a bit, then taking it to work for others to nibble off of 🙂
8. Learn to sew. This has been a goal of mine for the longest time. If we do end up pregnant in 2012, I can start slow with crib sheets, perhaps…
9. Participate in a daily photo blog challenge. I’ve loved WEverb and want to get more use out of my camera. I really enjoy seeing others’ works on their blogs, and would love to participate at least once in 2012.
10. Learn HTML coding and start self-hosting my blog. I have a monthly membership to Lynda.com, where they have tons of useful tutorials. I’d like to have more control over my blog layout and design, gain a new skill, and just in general get super frustrated all the time. Yay!
What 12 things would you like to accomplish in 2012?
Today’s prompt is brought to you by Kimba of The Ultra Trail Goddess Blog. Check out her blog!
I’m participating in WEverb11! To join in, visit http://www.weverb11.com/ for more information and daily prompts.